SUPERB, THRIVING AND SUBSTANTIAL GRADE II LISTED FREEHOLD INN WITH STRATEGIC MAIN ROAD LOCATION IN THE AFFLUENT & HISTORIC OXFORDSHIRE MARKET TOWN OF WANTAGE - WITH GENUINE AND VALUABLE ALTERNATIVE USE POTENTIAL
- Rapidly expanding historic market town sitting in the Vale of the White Horse betwixt Oxford, Swindon, Newbury and Reading.
- Open plan trading areas (circa 130+) with flagstone flooring, exposed wooden ceiling & wall beams, exposed stone & brick walls & glass atrium roof.
- Hugely beneficial large al fresco garden area (circa 160+) with wooden picnic benches, flagstone and grassed areas, children’s play equipment and large marquee with HDTV : Patrons lined car park (circa 30).
- Fully equipped commercial catering kitchen.
- 3 bed owner’s accommodation with exposed beams.
- Advised turnover circa £584,445 (incl. VAT) for year ending 31st September 2022 (still includes part of pandemic year). Turnover for the first 7 months of 2022/2023 is £372,000 (Incl. VAT) tracking in the region of circa £12,400 (incl. VAT) per week.
- Trade 60% Wet sales : 40% Food sales (Fluctuates with climate).
- Genuine retirement sale after circa 27 years trading.
- We are informed there is positive pre planning advice relating to valuable alternative use potential in developing either part of or the whole site. Several options were discussed including the creation of 19 flats with parking & a further 8 to 10 motel rooms with parking underneath (Subject to relevant consent).
A HIGHLY DESIRABLE AND RARE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE THIS SUBSTANTIAL INN - AVAILABLE FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME IN CIRCA 59 YEARS
ASKING PRICE £1,350,000 FREEHOLD (PLUS VAT IF APPLICABLE) TO INCLUDE FIXTURES & FITTINGS, GOODWILL, EXCLUDING S.A.V.
UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY AND VALUABLE SITE: OF INTEREST TO PROFESSIONAL OPERATORS, ENTREPRENEURS AND DEVELOPERS
Click To View